10 Oct Buzz, Pumpkin Spice & Everything Nice!
Coffee enthusiasts, rejoice! Pumpkin Spice Season is finally upon us! While it may not be as cool or colorful here as it is elsewhere, we still take full advantage of our fun, Florida Fall.
Of course, we all know that Pumpkin Season officially starts when our favorite coffee shops start selling Pumpkin Spice Lattes. In fact, this annual fall favorite has received such widespread attention it even has its own hashtag #PSL. Pumpkins are everywhere — cereal, ice cream, cream cheese, candles and so much more. Literally, pumpkin EVERYTHING. Even in the “World of Memes” there are numerous (edited) pictures of well-known products appearing to be made with the popular “pumpkin spice.” Such as engine fuel, mouthwash and even feminine products (we’re serious.)
If coffee isn’t your cup of tea, don’t fret. There are many ways that South Florida residents (and visiting snowbirds) can enjoy the highly anticipated Fall season.
- Farmer’s Markets are the place to be during the fall season in South Florida. Residents travel to local markets near and far to purchase fresh, locally-grown produce (and for the nice outdoor stroll). Recommended: GreenMarket located at Old School Square Park, 51 N. Swinton Ave. in Delray Beach.
- It’s time for some seasonal shopping for the dapper gents of Palm Beach County. Head on over to Strong Boalt and stock up on some sophisticated yet sporty, long sleeve button downs and polos for men and boys. At Strong Boalt you can find hot styles for a cold(ish) winter.
- While there may not be a flora of fall foliage outside, you can bring fall into your own home. Head on over to Clive | Daniel Home to spruce up your house with touches of chic, classic fall colors, pieces and new designs.
- Feeling adventurous with your taste buds? Check out Max’s Harvest and their twist on the classic soul food, featuring delectable duck and waffles. There are too many fall foodie favorites to mention here, but you are sure to find pumpkin heaven almost anywhere (like City Cellar, City Oyster, BurgerBar and more!)
- A personal fall favorite: Visit Palm Beach’s Catamaran Sunset Cruises. Their 50-foot catamaran called Hakuna Matata epitomizes “no worries.” Cruising along the downtown West Palm beach skyline, passengers get to see the palatial mansions and over-sized yachts while listening to music, enjoying the BYOB policy and watching the spectacular sunset.
- Prefer to keep your feet on the ground? Enjoy a magnificent and tranquil afternoon stroll through the Morikami Museum & Japanese Gardens. Imagine a nice fall breeze, listening to birds and walking along the amazing bamboo forest. We’re getting frisky just thinking about it.
- Last, but definitely not least, you can end the day with an exciting night out at the Seminole Casino Coconut Creek. Before you play table games or slots, enjoy some ‘winning’ dining at NYY Steak, Sorrisi or Fresh Harvest for some fine dining.
- And finally after all your activities, don’t forget to pick up your very own #PSL. Trust us, you’ll definitely fall for it!